Signs that your radio battery needs to be replaced include the Motorola battery requires you to recharge it continually shorter intervals and/or the radio is constantly beeping when turned on or transmitting.
However, we recommend the best way to ascertain if your Motorola Two-Way Batteries need to be replaced, is for you to check them against the reference key on your Motorola Multi-Unit Charger:
- If the charger LED is AMBER, the battery is reforming and should be left to complete this
- If the battery flashes RED/GREEN, it is nearing the end of its useful life
- Flashing RED means the battery will not charge and before you replace it, check the connection in the charger just in case
- Solid RED means the battery is charging
- Solid GREEN means the battery is charged and ready for use
For more information, read our article ‘Is Your Two-Way Radio Battery Treated Right?‘
Otherwise, contact us if you have any further questions.